Shakespeare’s Globe are seeking to recruit an Assistant Visitor Welcome Team Managers to manage the Welcome Team and wider Visitor Experience team to ensure the delivery of an exceptional visitor experience and provide effective duty management of the entire Globe site, including the theaters when performances are taking place.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Undertaking pre-opening and continuous checks around the Globe campus, including off site areas such as the Rose Theatre and Sackler Education building, liaising with colleagues in operational and non-operational areas to ensure the highest standards of safety and presentation.
- Being responsible for theatre visitors and act as a customer contact during performances, dealing with enquiries as they arise.
- Liaising with colleagues in Box Office, Theatre and Stage Management regarding operational aspects of performances and ticket sales.
- Forming part of the Visitor Experience management team and ensure regular and constructive communication is maintained across the wider team.
- Being responsible for the presentation of the site including promoting and responding to the Quality Standards document, reporting all faults and maintenance issues to the Building Operations Department via the intranet system provided or direct report if necessary.
- Providing information about the Globe site, the local area and site wide activities to internal and external customers as necessary.
- Being responsible for, and ensuring adherence to, all current Health and Safety guidelines including Evacuation Procedures, Quality Standards and the provision of First Aid reporting incidences and near misses as required.
- Being trained to lead on key aspects of the Globe’s health and safety, emergency and business continuity procedures.
- Compiling the daily rota for the Welcome Team and ensuring that all essential positions are staffed and to take action to address staffing shortages in line with department procedures.
- Delivering regular briefings to the team, and ensuring that all team members are trained and complaint.
- Being responsible for daily cash handling, float management and banking, including accurate record keeping.
- Being responsible for the security of Treasury and delivery of change to cashiers as required.
- Representing the Globe during Corporate Events within the site, by means of Duty management responsibilities and liaison with Event planners and Operations, sub-contractors and facilities.
- Ensuring a seamless, well presented transition of the Globe site space(s) between operational uses, thereby maximizing commercial opportunities.
- Acting as the central point of contact for all teams providing services, events and visitor-facing activity across the site, ensuring that the overall visitor experience is well managed through working collaboratively with teams from other departments.
- Ensuring that visitor information is correctly displayed in all public areas, and that all communication material is stock and well-presented.
- Being familiar with all aspects of the role of the Welcome Team and the wider VE team duties in order to be able to provide support at operational and Duty Management level when required.
- Working closely with management team colleagues team to ensure the department rota is managed effectively, within agreed staffing levels for core activities and events.
- Proactively managing the rota to address any staff shortages, sickness or short-notice requests for support from VE management team colleagues.
- Undertaking payroll processing and checking procedures, as directed by the Visitor Welcome Manager, ensuring all payroll documents are accurate and submitted within deadlines to the finance team.
- Providing detailed show and end of day reports.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in managing, leading and motivating a complex multi-site team
- Be experienced in working on large-scale events
- Possess an organised approach to work
- Possess excellent leadership skills
- Have clear and confident communication skills
- Possess knowledge of the Shakespeare Globe
Full job description available here.
To apply and for more information: For more information and to apply, please download the job description from shakespearesglobe.com/jobs and return your completed application and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 12 March 2019.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.