Waddesdon Manor are looking to recruit a Box Office Sales Manager to manage the advance sales functions for general admissions and group visits, all events, and specialist Collection and Conservation Groups. They will support the Education department with managing the booking process for certain school visits. Working as a part of a small team, they will be responsible for all types of bookings and reservations, and providing customers with information.
Leading the visitor experience –
- Leading a culture of “exceptional service, every time, for everyone” within your team
- Responding to a high volume of calls and emails and provide a consistent point of contact for queries/correspondence as required, ensuring excellent customer service
- Regularly testing and checking the Waddesdon visitor websites and online ticketing system, reporting any errors and ensuring that any issues are addressed
- At certain times, working directly as part of the small box office team, taking calls, answering emails and managing group requirements, on an agreed working pattern basis, to be agreed with the VSM and HVO
- Under the direction of the VSM, directly managing and responding to visitor enquiries and feedback, working closely with the Box Office Sales Co-ordinator
- Ensuring that all communications are replied to within the agreed targets, and that the relevant departments are involved in the responses.
- Liaising closely with the Marketing department, and escalate any relevant communications to the General Manager (GM)
Leading people –
- Helping to create a great place for your staff to work in. You will recruit talented and enthusiastic people, develop and coach them, driving strong performance through setting clear objectives and giving regular feedback and reviews
- Managing the Box Office Sales Co-ordinator and the hourly-paid Assistants, ensuring that they work effectively and that they deliver a unified and efficient service provision throughout each seven-day period
Developing business –
- Working closely with colleagues in Visitor Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Collections, Education, Events and Catering to develop and sell new experiences
- Overseeing the booking of general admissions, group visits, and events, including directly dealing with individual and group customers
- Ensuring that visitors fully understand the offers available and liaise with operations staff to ensure customer requirements are clear in order to deliver the best possible experience
- Developing a good working knowledge and keen understanding of how the Groups market operates, and work closely with the Business Development team to grow the groups business
Effective business systems –
- Providing a seven-day box office operation, sharing the days with the Box Office Sales Co-ordinator so that one of the two permanent box office staff are working each day, so that complex bookings and problem-solving issues are owned and progressed. Both staff members will ensure that they are not away on annual leave at the same time.
- Agreeing with the VSM the rota for hourly paid staff and when they are required, working to an agreed annual budget for seasonal staffing costs
- Responsible for ensuring our booking and telephone systems are set up and working properly, and take direct responsibility for problem solving, working closely with the VSM, HVO and IT department
- Ensuring that the systems accurately reflect our current offer, updating prices and products within the system
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of all information currently advertised across the Waddesdon and NT websites, working closely with Marketing to ensure that communication is as clear and effective as required
- Liaising with the HVO and the IT Systems & Software Manager to solve any issues with our software suppliers
Managing financial performance and records –
- Achieving stretching targets, working closely with colleagues from Marketing and Business Development
For more information and full job description click here.
To apply: please send a current a CV and covering letter to email@example.com no later than 11pm on 19 February 2019.
First interviews are currently planned for Friday 1st March 2019 and second interviews week commencing 4 March 2019.
About Waddesdon Manor: Waddesdon Manor was built (1874-89), in the style of a 16th century French chateau, for Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild to entertain his guests and display his vast collection of art treasures. The Rothschild name is also synonymous with some of the most coveted wines in the world. There is an award winning gift shop, wine shop with a full selection of Rothschild wines and two licensed restaurants.