TourConnect is seeking their first Business Development Manager based in the UK to drive TourConnect’s expansion into the UK/Ireland markets. The Business Development Manager will have industry experience and is responsible for selling software as a service (SaaS) tools to B2B-focused tourism organizations – from hotels and day tours to DMC’s, inbound tour operators, and travel agents.
The role will include managing marketing campaigns, following up on warm leads, providing customer support, and delivering online demos. In addition, there will be opportunities for international travel to meet clients in person via site visits and trade events. You will be an integral part of kick starting and facilitating the viral growth of TourConnect across the UK and Ireland.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Driving growth into UK/Ireland markets through cradle to grave sales efforts
- Setting and achieving revenue targets
- Closing complex sales
- Following leads from existing customers and partners into other regions
- Attending trade shows to promote TourConnect and generate new leads – including all follow up from trade shows
- Identifying potential partners and affiliates to grow business in your regions
- Providing support and coordinating with the TourConnect support team to serve customers in your region
- Using and managing an online CRM for sales team
- TourConnect has a global team with key members in the United States, Australia, and India. There will be work required at irregular hours…including supporting our Australian team and selling globally, including to other European destinations.
- We do not currently have an office in the UK/Ireland, but are open to you working from home or from a central shared workspace environment.
TourConnect is building a team that is excited about the opportunity to transform the tourism industry. You can expect the role to be both challenging and immensely rewarding.
How to apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About TourConnect: TourConnect provides business to business software for travel trade to help manage their partner relationships. TourConnect’s solutions serve travel suppliers (hotels, day tours, attractions, etc) and buyers (tour operators, DMC’s, travel agents, etc). From finding new partners to communicating to exchanging rates, TourConnect is leading the industry towards a more efficient and profitable future. TourConnect has users in over 100 countries and offices in Sydney, Australia and Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit www.tourconnect.com.