- Location: Chester
- Salary: Up to £40,000 (experience dependent)
- Contract: Full time or part time (pro rata) considered
Marketing Cheshire are seeking a Business Tourism Manager to report to the Commercial Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up Marketing Cheshire business tourism function focused on Association sector
- Developing the business tourism strategy as a component part of the place marketing and inward marketing and inward investment, working with Cheshire & Warrington LEP
- Sourcing and generating leads from national and international associations
- Developing, implementing and managing conference bid strategies and activities
- Working with the Brilliant Science partnership to generate leads from International associations
- Leading and developing a scientific ambassador programme as part of the Cheshire Science Corridor Enterprise Zone
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with ambassadors
- Planning and conduct sales activities including sales missions, promotions, tradeshow attendances and presentations
- Providing support for convention bureau activities and other MICE related activities
- Assuming any other task as directed by the CEO including assistant with preparation of Board reports, statistics to analyse ROI etc.
To see the full job description click here.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a research or academic background with strong research skills
- Be able to network across the academic and business sector
- Possess strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Have a high level of organisational and project management skills
- Be interested in or enthusiastic about the tourism industry
- Be able to work independently using own judgement
- Be a strategic thinker
- Be able to forecast and understand revenue
- Have knowledge and experience of the association sector
- Be educated to degree level with 10-15 years working experience
To apply: Please go to https://marketingcheshire.co.uk/careers/
About Marketing Cheshire: Marketing Cheshire is the agency responsible for promoting Cheshire and Warrington nationally and internationally to investors, business and leisure visitors and those lucky enough to live and study here.
Marketing Cheshire is made up of a diverse team of individuals with specialist skills in their area. We’re home to in-house geeks, friendly account managers and industry experts.
Cheshire has one of the strongest and most diverse economies in England for existing businesses and potential investors, a stunning array of places to stay and visit and a quality of life that is really special.