E-voyages Group are looking for an experienced Procurement & Operations Director to be part of the Executive Committee to add value to their contracts and operations efforts. Working closely with the Sales Director, you will manage an effective contracts, partnerships and operations set-up as well as keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Sales Director to streamline the processes between contracting, sales, business development and operation teams.
- Working with the heads of departments to review their budgets against purchasing costs and identify cost improvements.
- Strengthening the control of approved budgets, expenditures, product quality and ensure timely delivery through close monitoring, reviews of samples and customer opinions.
- Contributing to cost savings for the company by working closely with management to pursue business opportunities.
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes
- Overseeing management of contracts, in partnership with the heads of departments, to ensure they perform to their best to support the negotiation and implementation of on-going contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Reviewing contacts and making commercial recommendations.
- Leading and reporting on supplier contracts and terms.
- Taking overall responsibility for operations margins ensuring that margins are in line with the budgets.
- Ensuring the operation team is on target with its forthcoming tours and groups.
- Leading, inspiring and motivating the contracting and operations teams as well as the collaboration with other teams.
- Ensuring that staff member probationary periods and regular performance feed-back through monthly meetings and staff appraisals are carried out effectively.
- Ensuring effective recruitment into the contracting and operations teams.
- Enabling and supporting the contracting team staff to write clear contacts making sure they re commercially viable.
- Enabling and supporting the operations team staff to deliver quality services for their groups.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent experience as an Operations / Contracting Director within the travel industry
- Possess substantial experience of inspiring and motivating successful teams to achieve their business goals and targets
- Possess strong skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation
- Have excellent leadership skills to inspire, lead and motivate the wider team at E-voyages Group
- Have in-depth knowledge of the DMC market (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Possess strong organisational skills and particularly a keen eye for detail
- Have outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
- Have excellent project management skills
- Have language skills in French and German (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and staff
- Have the ability to manage strategic direction with operations and day-to-day operational decisions
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have the ability to coach direct reports and wider team members
- Be computer literate and able to use customer relationship management databases, preferably with experience of Tour Plan
Full specification and job description available here.
How to apply: Please send an email to email@example.com
About E-voyages Group: E-voyages Group is the reference for tailor made experiences in the UK and Ireland. E-voyages Group provide creative solutions for groups & FITs stays operated by our Leisure, Incentive, Sports or Luxury team. Their multilingual experts handle each request with a high sense of priority and use their up-to-date product knowledge and creativity to create itineraries that meet their clients’ needs. E-voyages Group guarantee competitive rates, great customer service, originality and pride themselves in their responsible values and sustainable way of working.