BODY WORLDS London is seeking a Duty Manager to join their team and oversee the day-to-day operations of the attraction, ensuring all staff in guest facing areas throughout the attraction are actively contributing to ensure that all guests have an exception, memorable and interactive experience.
The Duty Manager will be responsible for everything that goes on in the venue at that moment, and is the first point of contact for the operational team in case of problems or questions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for the Operations Team delivering a consistently high level of customer service
- Ensuring Health & Safety is a priority and that the attraction is a safe and secure environment for all visitors and staff
- Ensuring the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, technical operation and safety in all operational areas
- Ensuring that daily commercial targets are achieved across the attraction and driving daily sales targets, including secondary spend (ancillary, retail, photo)
- Supporting the recruitment, training and development of the Operations Team and completing staff rotas
- Ensure the timely opening and secure shutdown of the premises at the end of each day
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years previous and relevant management experience in a DM role and/or service industry
- Hands-on, representative, service oriented, team player, leadership skills
- Proven experience of having delivered high levels and standards of visitor service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with empathy of understanding the varying needs of visitors and staff alike
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, work alongside a broad and wide range of people
- Strong desire to increase sales across all areas of attraction
- Must be adaptable to change and able to multitask
- Excellent organisational skills, detail oriented and self-starter
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings weekends and bank holidays, as and when required
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and able to learn attraction POS systems)
How to apply: Please send your CV to [email protected].
About BODY WORLDS London: Guests can discover the beauty beneath their skin at BODY WORLDS London, the original display of real human bodies now in its permanent and flagship home at the iconic London Pavilion, 1 Piccadilly Circus. A unique fusion of science, art and health education. Guests immerse themselves and discover a wide-range of insights into the body and mind, showing what effect our lifestyle choices have on our health. It’s fun, provocative, educational and endlessly fascinating.
Over 47 million visitors globally have been amazed by Dr Gunther von Hagens’ renowned exhibitions, sparking curiosity and awe around the world. More than 200 anatomical specimens, spread over 6 galleries on 3 floors and over 20,000 sq ft, will reveal the beauty that lies underneath our skin. Guests should expect a unique, exciting and interactive journey through the human body, described by many as “mind-blowing” “unforgettable” even “life-changing”.
TripAdvisor recently awarded BODY WORLDS London with their 2019 Travellers’ Choice Award: ‘Top 10 London attraction’. In addition awarded top innovation in tourism at the prestigious Group Travel Awards.