Zoological Society of London are looking for an enthusiastic and commercially-minded Education, Groups & Partnerships Marketing Manager to develop and implement the marketing plans to drive footfall and revenue from education visits, groups, and trade partnerships at ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoos. The job-holder will also be responsible for overseeing the ZSL Zoos promotional strategy, including affiliate marketing. Part of the wider ZSL marketing team, reporting into the Marketing Manager, the post holder will need to show creativity in devising plans for the effective promotion of the zoo products in order to meet targets. You will be one of ZSL’s key representatives with the wider travel trade, focused on developing business relationships which deliver vital revenue for ZSL’s mission.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies and activity plans for travel trade and the groups sector, and for ZSL’s Education portfolio across both Zoos.
- Managing the creation, production and distribution of on-brand marketing collateral associated with the activity plans and managing any internal stakeholders and external agencies (media and creative).
- Preparing and distributing a monthly management report on promotions, trade, groups, and education performance for presentation at monthly commercial reporting meetings with Senior Leadership including Zoo Chief Operating Officers.
- Developing an annual promotional calendar for both Zoos, ensuring all relevant departments are briefed.
- Ensuring that ZSL’s standard educational offering is coordinated with outreach and engagement plans (working closely with the Community Engagement & Partnerships Marketing Executive).
- ZSL trade account management: responsible for generating new leads and the negotiating, contracting, management, development and monitoring/reporting of the ZSL trade account scheme.
- Organising and promoting familiarisation days for relevant sectors.
- Overseeing ZSL’s affiliate scheme, including management of the external agency team, monitoring sales and marketing activity.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities and packages to help drive sales from the travel trade and group markets.
- Working closely with the wider ZSL engagement team to improve their understanding of key audiences and drive insight-led NPD.
- Planing, promoting and attending relevant exhibitions, travel trade fairs, conferences and workshops.
- Representing ZSL within external bodies as required, such as London & partners, AGTO and UKInbound.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level, with an additional marketing, sales or tourism qualification desirable.
- Have experience working with spreadsheets essential, as is a very good level of numeracy.
- Have experience of working within the travel, tourism or leisure sectors (essential). The inbound travel trade would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding of the UK leisure attractions marketplace.
- Have sound commercial awareness.
- Possess intermediate/advanced skills in using MS office packages, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be able to manage competing priorities and delegate effectively.
- Evidence their ability to negotiate tactfully and effectively.
- The job-holder should be confident working alone and on their own initiative, as well as in a team environment.
For more information click here.
About Zoological Society of London: The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is a world leader in wildlife conservation, science and education. Our international research teams, conservation programmes and two Zoos all actively promote our mission to look after the world around us. ZSL London Zoo is the world’s oldest scientific Zoo and has been educating and inspiring visitors since opening in 1828. ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is the UK’s largest Zoo and is one of the largest wildlife conservation parks in Europe!