UKinbound is recruiting an Events Assistant to support the administration and delivery of the Association’s varied and exciting events programme.
The Events Assistant will support the Events Manager in the administration of all UKinbound events, with a view to developing towards an Events Executive position which will entail ownership of some events, project management, and content planning.
With more than 40 events per year including networking evenings, fam trips, B2B workshops, webinars, and our flagship events, the Annual Convention and World Travel Market, this role presents an exciting opportunity for an events professional starting out their career to gain a wide range of experience and a good knowledge of the UK’s destinations and venues.
- Creating booking forms for all events
- Managing all event registrations and acting as primary point of contact for delegate enquiries
- Sending attendee lists to hosts as required
- Triaging the Events inbox
- Using EventsAir to create and send invitations, reminders, and joining instructions (with support from the Marketing team on copywriting)
- Technical set up and administration for all virtual events, including Zoom webinars and B2B workshops via EventsAir
- Assisting with in-person event preparation – name badges, onsite support, set up and break down
- Administering events follow up including feedback surveys and delegate thank you notes
- Assisting with other duties as required
Key skills & experience:
- Candidates with a degree in tourism, events or hospitality preferred
- Good attention to detail
- Good IT literacy with ability to learn new systems
- Ability to work in a team
- Good customer service / communication skills
- Previous experience in an office environment preferred
- Ability to work one to two evenings per month and travel around the UK with occasional overnight stays away from home
How to apply: please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 5pm, Friday 16 June.
About UKinbound: UKinbound is the only trade association representing the interests of the UK’s inbound tourism industry. Our mission is to help our 370+ members grow their inbound business through our extensive events programme, marketing services, insights and research, and advocacy work.