Westminster Abbey is seeking to recruit an Events Enterprise Coordinator to act as office administrator and assist the events and protocol
team in the execution of internal events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as first point of contact for initial telephone enquiries, distributing calls as appropriate
- Managing the events inbox on a daily basis and responding to enquiries within required timescales
- Following up provisional bookings to convert them into confirmed bookings as directed by the
Deputy Head of Event Management
- Preparing clients’ contracts and invoices and ensuring both are sent out in a timely manner
- Preparing nominated suppliers’ contracts including hire agreements and relevant terms and
conditions accurately in with good time management
- Maintaining nominated suppliers’ records ensuring up-to-date method statements, risk
assessments and public liability insurance documents etc.
- Regularly liaising with the Finance Department checking payment of outstanding invoices for
the department including protocol
The successful candidate will:
- Be at degree level or have an equivalent vocational qualification
- Possess proven experience managing and delivering events
- Be competent in Microsoft Office (including Excel)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Possess proven experience within an administrative and customer-focused environment
- Be experienced in financial control and invoicing
- Be able to use databases
- Have a proven track record of developing relationships with stakeholders
- Have a proven track record of excellent customer service
Full person specification and job description available here.
How to apply: Complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form before 12pm on the 4th of October. CVs are not accepted. Please send your completed application to:
The Human Resources Department
The Chapter Office
20 Dean’s Yard
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Westminster Abbey: Kings, queens, statesmen and soldiers; poets, priests, heroes and villains – Westminster Abbey is a must-see living pageant of British history. The Abbey is steeped in more than a thousand years of history and every year we welcome over one million visitors who want to explore this wonderful 700-year-old building. The Abbey has been the coronation church since 1066 and is the final resting place of seventeen monarchs. Private tours, events and restaurant packages can be arranged.