Shakespeare’s Globe are seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to support the finance activities across the department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking action on all banking, posting of banking entries and bank reconciliations
- Supporting other departments with cash handling
- Maintaining good controls over cash, the safe and banking to prevent fraud
- Liaising with other departments to ensure internal cash floats are managed effectively
- Chasing debtors and collecting the outstanding monies where required
- Supporting the team where necessary e.g. reviewing data, or posting expenses and invoices
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Be confident in working with the team as well as with other departments to resolve problems as they arise
- Have an understanding of accountancy systems and financial controls (particularly those relevant to banking and cash handling)
- Be able to work effectively and flexibly to strict process deadlines
- Be able to use own initiative to anticipate and resolve problems
To read the full job description and person specification click here.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Exhibition & Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.