Canterbury Cathedral is seeking a new Group Sales and Travel Trade Manager to help and promote Canterbury Cathedral as a visitor destination.
The candidate’s main purpose is to grow visitor numbers and income through group and travel trade channels, and to identify and engage with new partners and new markets and enhance and develop the business benefits from existing partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating, maintaining and enhancing strong, profitable and lasting relationships, sales opportunities and promotional partnerships.
- Thinking independently and creatively to research and develop new products, packages and sources of income to increase revenue and/or visitor numbers and to gain market share.
- Ensuring that news and information are disseminated to the UK and international travel trade ensuring maximum exposure.
- Keeping a regular review on monthly group and travel trade sales and forecasts for both online and off line ticketing and report significant changes in any sales channel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong commercial sales and marketing experience working specifically with inbound and domestic travel trade
- An ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the organization
- Good numeracy, logic and analytical skills, including familiarity with manipulating databases
- Excellent communications skills
- Previous project management experience
- An appreciation of the uniqueness of Canterbury Cathedral and the potential and the constraints involved
How to apply: Please apply through the website, register your details and upload your latest CV.
About Canterbury Cathedral: Canterbury Cathedral has a tradition of visitor welcome that reaches back to the days of medieval pilgrimages. Founded in 597 AD it is the Mother Church of the Anglican Communion. Romanesque Crypt, 12th Century Quire, 12th Century Stained Glass. Site of Thomas Becket’s martyrdom and shrine. Facilities range from guided tours to first class accommodation and hospitality (www.canterburycathedrallodge.org). For enquiries, telephone the Visits Office, 01227 762862, email [email protected] Website: www.canterbury-cathedral.org