- Location: Elstree, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 pro-rata
- Contract: Part time - permanent or self-employed contractor
HF Holidays are looking to hire a skilled and dynamic Head of Governance and Society Secretary to join their team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating the production and distribution of the Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Liasing with the audit committee and Head of Finance to oversee the appointment and role of the external auditor
- Being a point of authority for the Society’s Rules and associated constitutional documents and advise the Board and Senior Management Team on its content and compliance with it
- Leading periodic reviews of governance and elements of the rules to identify and recommend best practice as a co-operative including appropriate codes of governance
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Qualified Chartered Secretary (ICSA accreditation) or hold a legal business, legal or governance related qualification from a recognised UK establishment (preferred but not compulsory)
- Possess practical experience of working closely at Board level in a governance role or will have held a similar position in another body
- Have experience in working for a similar member owned organisation and managing effective member relationships
- Be a strong communicator with impeccable attention to detail
- Possess essential attributes such as diplomacy, pragmatism and the ability to network
Benefits of the role include:
- A free one week familiarisation visit to any of HF Holidays’ 18 country house hotels for the employee and their family each year
- Exclusive discounts at several top brand high street outdoor equipment and clothing stores
- Significant savings on holidays for the employee and their friends and family
To read the full job description click here.
How to apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com
About HF Holidays: HF Holidays have over 100 years experience in award winning guided walking and hiking tours, sightseeing and special interest holidays. Stay in one of our 18 UK 3-4 star Country House accommodations and explore the beauty of the surrounding coastline, meadows, mountains and moorland. Tailor made options available for groups include afternoon teas, meeting room hire and private transfers to help you build the perfect holiday itinerary.