Shakespeare’s Globe are seeking a Head of Theatre Marketing with extensive experience working in a marketing environment, preferably in the arts, culture, entertainment, heritage or not for profit sector demonstrable of evidence of understanding theatre specific marketing techniques through thorough understanding and evidence of successful implementation and measurement of offline and online marketing tools.
This senior post-holder will also work on the communications strategy for the organisation as a whole as well as work with other senior colleagues on plans which will contribute to the ongoing development of the radical and exciting Globe project.
Key responsibilities within the Communications team:
- Looking after the Globe’s brand and reputation
- Raising awareness of Shakespeare’s Globe and its broad-ranging work across all departments with local, UK and international audiences/markets
- Increasing visitor/audience numbers and audience diversity
- Driving increased financial yields and revenue from these audiences
- Liaising with local resident, business and cultural communities
Click here to read the ‘Principal responsibilities’ of Head of Theatre Marketing and ‘Person Specification’ on the job description.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of planning and managing budgets
- Have experience of analysing marketing metrics and producing reports that demonstrate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Have experience of managing and developing direct reports
- Have experience of database management and marketing
- Be interested in theatre and the performing arts sector
- Possess knowledge of sustaining and developing a well-known brand
- Have good organisational skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Exhibition & Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.