The Romans Baths is looking to recruit a Heritage Marketing Manager to help increase the success of the museums, archives and services in the care of Heritage Services. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a high-profile and positive image of the Council’s heritage assets, including the Roman Baths, Victoria Art Gallery, and the Fashion Museum Bath to increase their popularity around the world.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Council’s priorities of building relationships with new customers and communicating to the community.
- Making sure all marketing activities are carefully planned to give the greatest return on investment and efficiency operating within a strict allocated budget whilst ensuring sustainability for the museums.
- Delivering target visitor numbers across all sites in line with the Heritage Services Business Plan.
- Developing and forecasting the annual marketing budget in line with overall Heritage Services financial constraints.
- Leading and managing the Marketing and Group Sales teams, responsible for staff development to create an efficient and highly motivated team, in accordance with the Council’s visions and values, policy and other objectives.
- Overseeing the PR strategy including managing crisis communications. Work closely with the Council’s Central Communications Team on the production and distribution of press releases. Responsible for organising press launches, promotional events and opening nights for exhibitions and new products or services
- Positioning and maintaining The Roman Baths as a top 10 UK Heritage Attraction.
- Deputising for the Commercial Manager when required and during periods of absence.
- Contributing to and be an active part of co-operative working across the service and wider council in accordance with the Council’s Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- Participating in the development of effective and accessible communication with council colleagues, staff, and service users, residents of Bath and North East Somerset and the general public and other stakeholders as appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to a degree level and possess a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Qualification.
- Have a good understanding of the tourism industry and the travel trade.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the travel trade environment and strong existing relationships within the industry.
- Have a thorough understanding of either the attraction or events target market
- Be educated to degree level or above.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to develop strong working relationships with other departments and proven contribution to a senior leadership team.
- Have strong negotiation skills and financial acumen and experience of budget management.
- Have excellent and strong IT skills relevant to the role.
- Have the ability to make independent decisions and think quickly and
- Have a good understanding of international markets and visitor profile.
- Have a thorough understanding of either the attraction or events target market.
How to apply: To apply for the role, please visit the Bath & North East Somerset Council’s website and fill in the form by 18 October 2020. Candidates will be emailed on 19 October and interviews will start on 22 October 2020.
About The Romans Baths: Famed for its hot springs, Bath houses the best preserved Roman Spa from the ancient world. This great temple and bathing complex still flows with natural hot water. Delve into the history of this magical monument and admire its architecture and engineering, with the help of new displays and the best of modern interpretation. Real costumed characters and computer reconstructions bring Roman Britain vividly to life.