HF Holidays are looking to recruit a UK Holidays Walking Manager to join their team. The UK walking holidays are at the heart of this organisation. For over 100 years HF Holidays have operated holidays from their Country House hotels throughout the UK.
This role oversees the operational delivery of HF Holidays’ existing UK Walking holidays products and the development of new guided and self-guided holidays from our UK Country Houses. The aspirations of our guests continue to evolve, and it is expected to remain at the forefront of adapting holidays to improve their desirability and profitability. Therefore, there will also be a specific emphasis on creating new holidays to attract new customers especially those guests labelled ‘next generation’ (pre-retired).
There is a team of six to manage as well as close liaison with other departments including HF Holiday’s office in Elstree.
This role oversees these ‘next generation’ products:
- Outdoor Escapes – active walking weekends targeted directly at working-age guests
- Self-guided walking holidays
- Challenge Weekends
- Limited edition holidays
- Family Walking Adventures
Key responsibilities include:
- Improving existing holidays, particularly to meet the needs of ‘next generation’ guests
- Reviewing holiday questionnaires, leader reports, following up quality issues with suppliers
- Developing new holidays that meet the needs of new audiences
- Helping to evolve the culture of HF Holidays’ organisation to better meet the needs of new audiences
- Develop and improve the off-peak range of holidays
Marketing & Sales:
- Working with the sales & marketing team to promote holidays effectively in brochures, website and direct mail
- Ensuring that HF Holidays’ website is always up to date and accurate, and promoting holidays to best effect
- Instigating sales initiatives where appropriate
- Producing articles for the e-newsletter, leader e-newsletter and in-house Members magazine
- Working with the sales & marketing team to develop new communication channels with both new and existing guests
- Planning detailed itineraries, in conjunction with our leaders, colleagues and suppliers
- Production of Leader briefing notes and despatch materials to Leaders, and update the contents of the leader intranet
- Reviewing the viability of holidays; instigating sales initiatives and cancellations as appropriate
- Responding quickly to operational issues as they arise.
- Replying to guest correspondence and complaints
- Producing information to send to guests
- Overseeing risk assessment and safety of holidays
- Maintaining and improving our guest satisfaction scores – current NPS of 72
- Participating in leader conferences and assessment courses as appropriate
- Providing training to the front-line sales team and leaders
- Visiting new and existing holidays as appropriate
The successful candidate will:
• Be self-motivated
• Be hard working with attention to detail
• Be able to think creatively, strategically and apply research findings
• Have a flair for communicating a passion for these holidays, both internally and externally
• Have good time management with the ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
• Possess a keen interest in walking and outdoor activities
• Have knowledge of the UK’s best walking areas
• Have previous experience of working in the travel or activity industry
For a full job description and list of benefits click here.
How to apply:Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with quoting reference: HF/UKIN
About the company:
HF Holidays have over 100 years experience in award winning guided walking and hiking tours, sightseeing and special interest holidays. Stay in one of our 18 UK 3-4 star Country House accommodations and explore the beauty of the surrounding coastline, meadows, mountains and moorland. Tailor made options available for groups include afternoon teas, meeting room hire and private transfers to help you build the perfect holiday itinerary.
Find out more at: www.hfholidays.co.uk