An exciting new vacancy has arisen at Discover Newmarket, a pivotal part of Newmarket’s tourism industry, offering exclusive behind the scenes tours.
Discover Newmarket are looking for a new manager who will be responsible for the daily running of the business and delivery of the business plan, creating and implementing commercial and marketing strategies and developing stakeholder and commercial relationships. Key to the role will also be raising the profile of Newmarket as a visitor destination by collaborating with neighbour, regional and national destination management organisations.
- To develop and deliver a robust business plan and budget that delivers business growth
- Create and implement a measurable commercial strategy ensuring that it is in line with budget targets and conduct accurate reporting
- Create and implement a measurable marketing strategy that will deliver brand awareness and under pin the commercial strategy and economic growth of Newmarket as a visitor destination
- Devise innovative incentives to grow tour sales from the existing customer through repeat business.
- Through proactive sales initiatives identify and grow new commercial business from the group travel trade and corporate market sectors, bringing in new sales from these areas to achieve and exceed budget.
- Deliver key account management with travel trade, GTO’s, stakeholders, supporters and neighbouring DMO’s.
- To develop Newmarket’s brand as a visitor destination within the domestic and international market
- To proactively promote and represent DN and its stakeholders at Exhibitions, and Trade events, as well as establishing and encouraging relationships with Tour Operators
- Build reputable brand awareness of Newmarket as the historic ‘Home of Horseracing’ and the centre of a worldwide sport
- Work collaboratively with all the stakeholders of Discover Newmarket to maximise its brand values by utilising the collective strengths of the individual partner brand values
- Through pro-active promotion look to increase the number of stakeholders and supporters of Discover Newmarket
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous leadership and commercial experience, preferably within the leisure or hospitality industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and organisational skills (essential)
- Experience or an understanding of the Horseracing Industry (advantageous)
For further information on the role – please click here
Closing date: 2 August 2019
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
About Discover Newmarket: Discover Newmarket is the central point for Tourist Information in Newmarket and is the town’s official Tour Guide. We offer visitors a unique opportunity to go behind the scenes at racing’s headquarters to see the equine stars at work and learn about the fascinating history, heritage and culture of the town.