Experience Oxfordshire is looking to recruit a PR & Marketing Executive. This role is ideal for someone aspiring to develop their experience in the travel and tourism sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being the main contact for press enquiries and build good relations with local, national and international media outlets.
- Writing and distributing press releases to promote the work of Experience Oxfordshire.
- Managing and promoting partner press releases on the website and social media.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the visitor economy, travel trade and MICE sector.
- To proactively respond to trade and media enquiries.
- Maximising social media exposure including content creation such as blogs and infographics.
- Developing and delivering a content plan for the visitor, partnership and conference audiences.
- Engaging with visitors, partner organisations and industry peers across social media and website.
- Assisting with planning and organising a schedule of partner meetings and networking events throughout the year.
- Developing and delivering marketing campaigns in line with the overall marketing strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Have a professional qualification in Marketing/PR (desirable).
- Have at least 1 years’ experience in a Marketing / PR or copywriting role.
- Have experience in writing engaging copy in a variety of styles.
- Have knowledge of using multiple social media channels appropriately.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly, confident manner and to work well as part of a team
- Possess the ability to be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges
- Possess a positive attitude; someone who is keen to learn and suggest ideas.
- Have attention to detail
How to apply: To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Experience Oxfordshire: Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for Oxford and Oxfordshire. Representing and promoting over 200 partners and products including attractions, accommodation, retail, hospitality, events, arts, culture and transport. We operate Oxford Official Walking Tours and The Oxford Pass, which is a two-day combination ticket to the best attractions and transport links in the city. We also provide a conference and group desk service. The destination is less than an hour from London with 24 hour access via excellent public transport links. We work to ensure that Oxfordshire is a must see Visitor Destination.