Shakespeare’s Globe are seeking a Patrons Manager to report to the Head of Revenue Fundraising and to work with the Membership team to maximise income potential and present a leading donor programme ensuring donors are fully engaged with the Globe, and encouraged to renew and increase their support, as well as look for new internal opportunities (created by the recent implementation of CRM system Tessitura) to embed and promote membership across the organisation.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing a membership function within an Arts organisation or charity and experience of successful face-to-face fundraising and high-level donor focused development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Devising and implementing strategies for recruitment and retention of our Friends and Patrons as the Globe endeavours to grow their 6,800 strong membership.
- Assisting in developing individual giving campaigns.
- Managing a portfolio of current and prospective Patrons.
- Maximising income potential and presenting a leading donor programme ensuring donors are fully engaged with the Globe, and encouraged to renew and increase their support.
- Looking for new internal opportunities to embed and promote membership across the organisation.
Click here to read the ‘Principal responsibilities’ of Patrons Manager and ‘Person Specification’ on the job description.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of managing a membership function within an Arts organisation or charity.
- Have experience of holding responsibility for membership development, retention and assessment.
- Have experience of successful face-to-face fundraising and high-level donor focused development.
- Possess demonstrable commitment to excellent donor stewardship at the highest level.
- Have experience of delivering fundraising targets, effective operational planning and financial tracking.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with a variety of people at all levels, including a well-developed sense of tact and diplomacy.
- Have experience of writing copy and corresponding with donors demonstrating strong literacy skills and the ability to create a compelling case for support.
- Have experience of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and being a supportive team member.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Exhibition & Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.