- Location: Redhills, Penrith, Cumbria
- Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 (Experience dependent)
- Contract: Permenant contract
The popularity of HF Holidays‘ Guided Trail holidays has expanded rapidly in recent years. HF Holidays are therefore recruiting a second Product Manager to enable this expansion to continue. Some of these holidays are based at their own Country House hotels throughout the UK, whilst others move from hotel to hotel using third party accommodation. The range of holidays has expanded to include ‘island-hopping’ walking holidays, plus overseas trails. HF Holidays’ product managers take responsibility for the operational delivery and development of our holidays. The aspirations of their guests continues to evolve, and their product managers are at the forefront of adapting their holidays to improve their desirability and profitability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Improving existing holidays, particularly to meet the needs of HF Holidays’ ‘next generation’ guests
- Reviewing guest questionnaires and leader reports, following up quality issues with suppliers.
- Sourcing and contracting new accommodation
- Developing new Trail holidays
- Production of Leader briefing notes and dispatch materials to Leaders, and update the contents of the leader intranet
- Reviewing the viability of holidays; instigating sales initiatives and cancellations as appropriate
- Responding quickly to operational issues as they arise
- Replying to guest correspondence and complaints
- Production of information sent to guests
- Overseeing risk assessment and safety of holidays
Marketing & Sales
- Working with their Sales & Marketing team to promote HF Holidays’ holidays effectively in their brochures, website and direct mail
- Ensuring that their website is always up to date and accurate, and promoting holidays to best effect
- Instigating sales initiatives where appropriate
- Produce articles for their e-newsletter, leader e-newsletter and Members magazine
- Calculating the cost of holidays
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Review financial performance of holidays based on accounts
- Participation in Leader conferences and assessment courses as appropriate
- Providing training to their front-line sales team and leader
- Visiting new and existing holidays as appropriate
- Hard working
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically
- Time management with the ability to meet deadlines
- Interest in walking or outdoor activities
- Knowledge of the UK’s best walking areas and European Travel
- Competitive salary.
- 1-week Familiarisation Visit at one of our 18 Country House Hotels each year.
- 28 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays rising to 33 after 2 years.
- Free Professional Training and development courses with ongoing in-house support.
- Free carparking.
- Cycle to work scheme available.
- Discount at outdoors Equipment Stores.
- Discounts on HF Holidays’ holidays throughout the world.
- Discounts on HF Holidays’ holidays for Friends and Family.
- Unique opportunity to explore the Great Outdoors.
How to apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call more details please call 07864 923665.
About the company:
HF Holidays is an award-winning travel and hotel company and the UK’s largest walking & outdoor holiday provider. HF Holidays own and operate 18 UK country house hotels and inspire their guests to travel to six continents around the world. HF Holidays Ltd began in 1913 and currently employ a team of around 500 and specialise in providing walking holidays in the great outdoors in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Looking after their guests and team is at the heart of everything they do, and their mission is to provide shared holiday experiences which inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. HF Holidays believe that among the things that matter most in today’s busy world is an appreciation of natural beauty, a love of the open air, and the joy of fellowship with one another.