Westminster Abbey are looking to hire a Travel Trade Manager (Maternity Cover) to working closely with the Head of Event Management and Marketing to develop new and manage existing relationships to increase visitors and related income to Westminster Abbey.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building on relationships with existing trade associations and creating local partnerships with other
heritage attractions such at The Houses of Parliament and St Paul’s Cathedral to raise the
profile of the Abbey within the Travel Trade Arena
- Hosting trade association familiarisation trips, carrying out follow-up activity as required
- Representing the Abbey at domestic trade shows such as British Travel and Tourism Show,
Group Leisure Show and World Travel Market
- Representing the Abbey at trade association events including but not limited to, for example, the CTA conference and the AGTO showcase weekend
- Undertaking overall account management of the domestic market, international market and
educational groups (language schools and educational tour operators). These include inbound
tour operators, online and affiliate ticketing agencies as well as Destination Management
Companies and Venue Finding Agencies
- Acting as Abbey representative at Industry events in association with UKinbound and Visit
To read the full job description and all candidate requirements click here.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess proven experience of successful working with ticket agencies and/or tour operators
- Possess proven ability to work on several tasks at one time and ability to deal with conflicting priorities
- Have an advanced level of IT proficiency in Microsoft Office (including an advanced knowledge in the
use of excel)
- Possess proven negotiation skills and an eye for contractual detail
About Westminster Abbey: Kings, queens, statesmen and soldiers; poets, priests, heroes and villains – Westminster Abbey is a must-see living pageant of British history. The Abbey is steeped in more than a thousand years of history and every year we welcome over one million visitors who want to explore this wonderful 700-year-old building. The Abbey has been the coronation church since 1066 and is the final resting place of seventeen monarchs. Private tours, events and restaurant packages can be arranged.