Royal Museums Greenwich (RMG) are seeking a Travel Trade Sales Executive to deliver the Travel Trade sales strategy for Royal Museums Greenwich in order to increase admissions income and grow visitor numbers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building the portfolio of products that RMG’s existing clients sell and nurturing these existing relationships to maintain sales and drive incremental income for the Museum.
- Focusing on RMG’s core product list ensuring all existing clients are selling the most profitable products.
- Building and nurturing positive relationships with existing clients: language schools, educational operators, specialist groups, domestic coach operators.
- Managing relationships with local hotels, ensuring they promote RMG’s attractions and develop direct ticket sales using our new trade portal.
- Delivering presentations to clients and hosting educational fam trips to ensure their sales team can sell RMG effectively.
- Producing monthly sales reports and evaluating performance of clients to ensure consistent sales.
- Representing RMG at Travel Trade events and exhibitions across the UK to increase sales.
- Monitoring competitor activity as well as any changes to the external tourism market.
- Working with colleagues across the Museum including bookings, front of house, finance and the ticketing system team to understand the impact of Travel Trade across these areas.
- Working with these departments to deliver travel trade income targets.
- Supporting the Admin Assistant to ensure all invoicing occurs in a timely manner and supporting finance in the effort to achieve this.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a flexible and willing attitude
- Be educated to A level or equivalent
- Be experienced in account managing large number of clients in a visitor attraction, unique venue, or hotel
- Have proven sales experience with a genuine passion for working with customers and up-selling
- Be a persuasive and confident communicator with excellent written and spoken English
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to form positive relationships with a wide variety of people
- Be a strong team player who is flexible and can undertake a wide variety of tasks
- Be able to take initiative and work under pressure
- Have good computer skills including using Microsoft Excel and bespoke software
- Possess strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to make a positive first impression
- Have a passion for excellence and an interest in Royal Museums Greenwich
- Be fluent in another European language or Mandarin (desired but not essential)
- Have experience of using a computer reservation system (desired but not essential)
Interviews will take place from 10 – 11 June 2019.
To apply: Please click this here.
About Royal Museums Greenwich: Visit Royal Museums Greenwich, home of the Royal Observatory, Cutty Sark, the National Maritime Museum and the Queen’s House. A top 10 UK visitor attraction, Royal Museums Greenwich is the perfect place for your customers to discover sea and space exploration, British heritage and royal history; art and pioneering architecture. Our Travel Trade team are available to create itineraries for your customers and can assist with group bookings, catering and guided tours.