Royal Museums Greenwich is looking to recruit a Travel Trade Sales Manager to help deliver the sales strategy to increase admissions income and visitor numbers fo Royal Museum Greenwich’s Travel Trade business. The successful candidate should have demonstrable experience and knowledge of both the UK and overseas inbound tourism markets.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivering the travel trade sales strategy, ensuring that existing clients are selling all RMG products and identifying new clients and markets to grow the business.
- Driving proactive sales, creating and following up on leads, negotiating deals, and setting and meeting sales targets. Continuously monitor the effectiveness and profitability of existing clients.
- Maintaining relationships with international trade partners (currently representing circa 65% of all visits), cruise ship operators, and other Greenwich/London attractions. Proposing deals with these potential clients, to maximise income for Royal Museums Greenwich.
- Building relationships with key trade and tourism organisations including UKinbound, ETOA, and Visit Greenwich, to gain information to inform our activities and maximising any joint business opportunities.
- Working with the Senior Travel Trade Manager to ensure our offer for groups and trade is reflecting the market’s needs. Deliver sales for the current product list as well as annually reviewing all products.
- Delivering regular business reports, with clear analysis and proactive recommendations to drive growth.
- Developing and fostering the relationship with Visit Greenwich travel trade group and ensure we are maximising all our opportunities. In particular ensure our presence within Visit Greenwich, Visit London and Visit England sites is up to date and delivering referral traffic.
- Working with colleagues across the Museum including Bookings, Front of House, Finance, the ticketing System team understanding the impact of Travel Trade across these areas. To work with these departments to deliver travel trade income targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating any changes to external tourism and travel market conditions, competitor activity and benchmarking, as well as performance. Proactively suggest responsive changes to the long term strategy.
- Supporting the Admin Assistant to ensure all invoicing occurs in a timely manner and support finance in this effort to achieve this.
The successful candidate will:
- Have substantial experience in travel trade sales, gained ideally within the UK visitor attraction or tourism sectors.
- Have a good understanding of the tourism industry and the travel trade.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the travel trade environment and strong existing relationships within the industry.
- Have experience of initiating and brokering business partnerships and joint ventures.
- Be educated to degree level or above.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to develop strong working relationships with external suppliers and internal departments.
- Have strong negotiation skills and financial acumen and experience of budget management.
- Have excellent IT skills relevant to the role.
- Have the ability to make independent decisions and think quickly and
- Have a good understanding of international markets and visitor profile.
How to apply: To apply for the role, please visit Royal Museums Greenwich’s website and fill in the form, including your CV and covering letter by 8 March 2020.
About Royal Museums Greenwich: Visit Royal Museums Greenwich, the home of the Royal Observatory, Cutty Sark, the National Maritime Museum and the Queen’s House. A top 10 UK visitor attraction, Royal Museums Greenwich is the perfect place for your customers to discover sea and space exploration, British heritage and royal history; art and pioneering architecture. Our Travel Trade team are available to create itineraries for your customers and can assist with group bookings, catering and guided tours.