Old Royal Naval College is looking to recruit a Marketing and Sales Executive to help build and maintain productive travel trade relationships and partnerships and develop visitor product to grow their travel trade and groups business ensuring delivery of compelling travel trade packages, smooth booking processes to ensure positive outcomes of all Travel Trade offers. The successful candidate should have demonstrable experience of promoting and selling travel products to national and overseas audiences, project management skills and an ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and fostering a productive working relationship with the company’s Travel Trade agency to continue to build the brand’s presence with the Travel Trade. Ensure they are reporting regularly on progress.
- Developing direct relationships with the company’s key Travel Trade partners, monitor performance and ensure they are meeting the target revenue.
- Processing bookings, take payments and book on-site resources for travel trade clients.
- Working closely with the Box Office Coordinator and on-site catering partner to ensure excellent customer experience and delivery of catering packages.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with any additional duties as appropriate.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders and the Commercial Events Officer to market a travel trade offer, including packages developed with site partners.
- Developing and fostering the relationship with Visit Greenwich travel trade group and ensure we are maximising all our opportunities. In particular ensure our presence within Visit Greenwich, Visit London and Visit England sites is up to date and delivering referral traffic.
- Ensuring all offers and relevant marketing content is shared and used by all partners and the site as a destination to the travel trade market.
- Developing and delivering a content plan for the visitor, partnership and conference audiences.
- Delivering the target travel trade income.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to at least degree level qualification (Desirable).
- Have a good understanding of the tourism industry and the travel trade.
- Have proven experience of promoting and selling travel product to a national and overseas audience.
- Have the ability to speak more than one language (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese or Japanese).
- Be confident in using Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp and CRM systems.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to develop strong working relationships with external suppliers and internal departments.
- Be respectful for equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion with practical ideas for their implementation within the scope of the post.
- Possess the ability to be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges.
- Have the ability to make independent decisions and think quickly and
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects.
How to apply: To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter by 21 February 2020, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to [email protected]
About Old Royal Naval College: Discover the UK’s Sistine Chapel: the Painted Hall at Greenwich’s Old Royal Naval College, an epic 18th-century masterpiece now open following an £8.5-million makeover. Discover a breathtaking artwork in the heart of historic Greenwich. Includes entry to the Painted Hall with a multimedia guide (available in 7 languages) & a guided/self-guided tour of our extensive grounds and buildings.