Experience Oxfordshire is looking to recruit a Team Leader for the Visitor Information Centre (VIC) for a day-to-day operational management role. This includes management of all aspects of the service offered to visitors and the management of supervisors and customer service assistants.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining high standards of customer service in the VIC, ensuring that colleagues are supported and trained to deliver a wide range of professional services which includes tasks such as retail, ticketing, left luggage and information services.
- Taking lead on external event activity of the service such as attendance at exhibitions and events. The role will work across the business to promote the services of Experience Oxfordshire and continually look for opportunities to drive growth and increase revenue.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the service to ensure that it is welcoming to all visitors and develops its range of services and to monitor staff in all aspects of their duties.
- Being a keyholder, responsible for opening and closing the Visitor Information Centre at particular times and as required by the needs of the business. To qualify as a licence holder to sell alcohol for the VIC.
- Managing rotas ensuring adequate cover for service provision for all opening times and external services.
- Leading on recruitment, training and development of customer service staff, including paid and volunteer staff.
- Completing monthly ticket sales reports for the accounting department.
- Ensuring effective communication within the customer services team.
- Supporting and developing the retail sales culture of the customer services team to deliver sales targets.
- Delivering under the guidance of the Customer Services Development Manager regular stock takes reporting any deficiencies to the Head of Commercial Services.
- Delivering and maintaining under the guidance of the Customer Services Development
- Manager a well merchandised, commercial range of retail product in the VIC.
- Having overall responsibility for ensuring banking procedures are followed by staff in line with the Experience Oxfordshire’s accountancy procedures.
- Managing the Supervisors and Customer Service Assistants, delivering training and development where appropriate.
- Having an input into the development of a medium to long-term development vision for the service and ensure its delivery.
- Complying with Data Protection and GDPR regulations relevant to the business and ensure correct practice is adhered to.
- Being First Aid Trained.
- Taking responsibility of any Health, Safety and Security issues and report/resolve any problems which you become aware of immediately and to carry out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation.
- Undertaking any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to to GCSE/GNVQ level or equivalent by experience.
- Have an NVQ level or equivalent in tourism or retail (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Be educated to at least A level or equivalent in a tourism or travel related subject (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Possess at least 6 year’s experience in a customer service and retail role
- Possess at least 3 years in a senior/supervisory role
- Have proven work experience in tourist/ visitor centre management (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Have substantial experience in retail management including stock management and display and sales techniques.
- Have experience in operation, financial, resource and people management
- Have experience in dealing with health and safety requirements (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Have experience in managing and developing individuals to promote high performance and innovation (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Be computer literate to be able to effectively operate office and specialist VIC software systems and to oversee and train staff in the systems’ use
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Possess up-to-date working knowledge of tourism development (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Possess knowledge of the marketing uses of databases and customer relationship packages (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Possess oral and written communication skills at basic level in a second language (beneficial but not compulsory)
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly, confident manner and to work well as part of a team
- Possess the ability to be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges
- Possess the ability to manage conflicting and competing priorities effectively, keeping team performance on track
- Have attention to detail
How to apply: To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Experience Oxfordshire:
Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation for the county and the lead organisation for promoting and developing leisure, business and culture tourism in Oxfordshire. Operating to not-for-profit principles, Experience Oxfordshire is a partnership organisation, actively engaged on a local, national and international level to grow the visitor economy.