Dover District Council (White Cliffs Country) is looking to recruit a creative, motivated and results-focused Visitor Marketing & Communications Officer to actively support, co-ordinate and implement the promotion, marketing and communications, on-line and off-line, of White Cliffs Country (Dover District) to a local, regional, national and international audience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Regularly updating, developing and managing the White Cliffs Country website, via Dover District Council’s content management system (CMS), and ensuring that the website is always on-brand, relevant, accurate, informative and productive.
- Working with Dover District tourism/visitor providers, events and businesses to source, input and update appropriate information, imagery and video for White Cliffs Country website use.
- Ensuring that the website is fully search engine optimised.
- Regularly updating, developing and managing the White Cliffs Country social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and ensure that all key channels are always on-brand, relevant, accurate, informative and productive.
- Organising, tracking and recording social media channel usage, using appropriate analytics tools, and provide monthly statistical reports to the Strategic Tourism & Visitor Economy Manager.
- Writing, creating content and distributing White Cliffs Country social media posts, including appropriate available materials as required (such as text, images, videos, pdfs, downloads and hyperlinks), to ensure the channels reach, interest, accuracy, inspiration and ‘call to action’ to the identified audience.
- Assisting, coordinating, researching, reporting on and deliver a variety of short- and long-term White Cliffs Country tourism and visitor marketing campaigns and communications as directed by the Strategic Tourism & Visitor Economy Manager.
- Working with DDC’s PR & Communications Department, to co-write and manage tourism and visitor-based press releases and supporting material; include co-ordination of related press calls.
- Developing positive working relationships with industry partners in the Dover District and establish as a point of contact.
- Assisting with planning and organising a schedule of partner meetings and networking events throughout the year.
- Working closely and confidently with both internal and external contacts, partners and departments to support tourism and visitor initiatives in Dover District as required to do.
- Assisting in the review and updating of the ‘Tourism & Visitor Economy Department’ Action Plan each year in the light of emerging tourism/visitor trends.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a degree level (desirable) and/or marketing, website or social media related qualification.
- Have a full driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Have proven experience in a related field/role.
- Have excellent organisational, written and verbal communications skills, with confidence to liaise and build effective relationships with external parties and stakeholders.
- Have proven tourism/visitor marketing, website and social media credentials with experience in a business-to-consumer commercial environment.
- Have good commercial sense with effective negotiating skills.
- Have knowledge of using multiple social media channels appropriately.
- Be participating in planning the implementation of change initiatives.
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly, confident manner and to work well as part of a team.
- Possess the ability to be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges and opportunities.
- Possess a positive attitude; someone who is keen to learn and suggest ideas.
- Have knowledge of local government, including Dover District and the local area.
How to apply: To apply for the role, please visit Dover District Council’s website and submit the form by Friday 13 March 2020. Please note interviews will be held on 20 March 2020.
For an informal discussion regarding the tole, please contact Recruiting Manager Chris Townend by email [email protected] or phone 0130 4872 094.
About Dover District Council (White Cliffs Country): White Cliffs Country is the official brand and tourism organisation for Dover, Deal and Sandwich. Home to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, the district is within easy reach of London and the continent and has amazing history and heritage, unspoilt coastlines and fabulous rolling countryside. With The Open set to return in 2020 to Royal St George’s Golf Club in Sandwich, we have top rated, championship courses right by the coast. We work with industry partners to promote the districts appeal and our experienced team can offer itinerary planning, along with support and inspiration on where to visit in the area. We also work with the travel trade on press trips and assist with arranging itineraries for their visit.