Shakespeare’s Globe are currently seeking a Visitor Welcome Manager to lead and motivate the Visitor Welcome Team, wider VE team, including Volunteer Stewards; to maintain world-class service levels through effective duty management.
The role will involve in leading and motivating a complex multi-site team, ideally in a busy visitor-based environment. Managing the daily operation via a rota basis, of the Globe site (The Globe Theatre, the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, and Sackler Education Centre) including the theatrical performances, special events, visits and tours management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing a memorable and enjoyable experience for all visitors; by combining effective engaging and consistent delivery of the Globe’s cause.
- Undertake pre-opening and continuous checks around the Globe campus, off site, liaising with all stakeholders to ensure the highest standards of safety and
- Represent the Globe during Corporate Events within the site, liaison with Event planners and Operations, subcontractors and facilities.
- Liaising with Box Office, Theatre and Stage Management regarding operational aspects of performances and ticket sales.
- Provide ongoing performance management for a team of Visitor Welcome Team.
- Support the recruitment, training, coaching and ongoing development of all Welcome Team members and Guides.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven past experience of working large-scale events.
- A customer service focused approach with the ability and desire to inspire this culture in others.
- Excellent communication skills (including written and MS Office knowledge) with the ability to deal effectively with a variety of people across the vast organisation.
- Having a proven problem solving and decision making skills.
How to apply: Please download the job description and return your completed application and equal opportunities monitoring form found here to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday 28 August 2019.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Exhibition & Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.