Shakespeare’s Globe are seeking to recruit a Visitor Welcome Team Members to positively and warmly welcome everyone and provide exceptional levels of customer service. The role will include working across a range of positions providing knowledgeable and efficient information and service to both internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creating a positive, warm welcome for all visitors.
- Seeking opportunities for active engagement with visitors to enhance their enjoyment, appreciation and understanding of Shakespeare and the two iconic theatres.
- Taking pride in the Globe’s appearance, seeing everything through the eyes of the visitor and question anything that would not meet a visitor’s expectations.
- Ensuring that the visitor areas are clean and well presented at all times, reporting faults or H&S/security concerns to the Assistant Managers or Security team as appropriate.
- Being able to respond quickly and efficiently to all security issues, emergency and evacuation procedures by clearing and securing areas when necessary ensuring the safety of visitors.
- Working as part of a large Visitor Experience team, upholding the Globe’s Cause and championing the visitor, sharing knowledge and supporting colleagues to succeed.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Tour and Interpretation programme by liaising with the guides and Department Managers regularly.
- Regularly monitoring the space inside the theatre and to direct tours when necessary as advised by a Visitor Welcome Manager or Assistant Visitor Welcome Manager.
- Proactively generating an audience for any special events, demonstrations or activities running in the Under Globe or wider Globe site as directed by the Assistant Visitor Welcome Manager team.
To read all responsibilities click here.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Possess outstanding customer service skills
- Be an excellent team worker
- Have an understanding of the importance of sales
- Be able to proactively introduce visitors to additional products and service and maximize revenue
To apply and for more information: For more information and to apply, please download the job description from shakespearesglobe.com/jobs and return your completed application and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 12 March 2019.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.