Shakespeare’s Globe are seeking a Visitor Welcome Team Member to be responsible for positively and warmly welcoming all visitors, clients, guests and colleagues; exceeding expectations to providing exceptional levels of customer service.
The post holder plays a crucial part in enhancing visitors’ experiences through personal interaction and by interpreting the stories, the buildings and history around them, whilst maintaining their safety and security.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating a positive, warm welcome for all visitors.
- Seeking opportunities for active engagement with visitors to enhance their enjoyment, appreciation and understanding of Shakespeare and the two iconic theatres
- Taking pride in the Globe’s appearance, seeing everything through the eyes of the visitor and question anything that would not meet a visitor’s expectations.
- Ensuring that the visitor areas are clean and well presented at all times, reporting faults or H&S/security concerns to the Managers or Security team as appropriate.
- Being able to respond quickly and efficiently to all security issues, emergency and evacuation procedures by clearing and securing areas when necessary ensuring the safety of visitors.
Click here to read the ‘Principal responsibilities’ of Visitor Welcome Team Member and ‘Person Specification’ on the job description.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a proactive, approachable individual with a genuine interest in delivering outstanding visitor care and service.
- Possess the ability to build relationships with Shakespeare’s Globe’s broad range of visitors and gauge their level of interest in a timely and professional manner
- Have an understanding of the importance of sales, including the ability to proactively introduce visitors to additional products or services and maximise revenue.
- Have a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and to establish excellent professional relationships with colleagues across the wider organisation.
- Have outstanding communication and customer service skills.
How to apply: Please download the job description and return your completed application and equal opportunities monitoring form found here to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 5 July.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many plays. The Globe Theatre Season runs from April until October, with the new indoor Sam Wanamaker Playhouse season from October to April. Year-round you will find the Exhibition & Theatre Tours, workshops, educational events, musical performances, as well as shop, bar, and restaurant.