HF Holidays are looking to recruit a UK Holidays Walking Assistant Manager to join their team. The UK walking holidays are at the heart of this organisation. For over 100 years HF Holidays have operated holidays from their Country House hotels throughout the UK.
The aspirations of their guests continue to evolve so HF Holidays continue to develop new holidays to suit the next generation (pre-retired) of guests. You will use your creativity and work with the UK Walking Holidays Manager to put together attractive weekends and longer holidays based on strategic briefings.
The role includes a specific focus on HF Holidays’ Outdoor Escapes, Adventure Walks & Walks With a Theme holidays and requires detailed itinerary planning and logistics from briefing leaders (guides) to the Transport Manager to help ensure the best quality experiences possible.
Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting some of HF Holidays’ core UK Guided Walking programmes. These are a staple, running almost year-round at HF Holidays’ UK Country House hotels and which require liaison with volunteer Field Workers among others to help maintain and refresh them.
Key responsibilities include:
• Improving existing holidays, particularly to meet the needs of ‘next generation’ guests
• Creating new holidays to reach agreed audience and maximise profit
• Reviewing holiday feedback, leader reports, following up quality issues with suppliers
• Liaising with volunteer advisors and leaders
Operations & admin:
• Ensuring new ideas are efficient and scalable
• Initially liaising with suppliers & attractions
• Providing briefings to key internal customers, notably transport manager and leaders using channels such as Leader Intranet and to guests (In form of e.g. Trip Notes)
• Reviewing the viability of holidays
• Responding quickly to operational issues as they arise
• Replying to guest correspondence and complaints
• Producing the information sent to guests
• Overseeing risk assessment and safety of holidays
• Maintaining and improving guest satisfaction scores – current NPS of 72
Marketing & Sales:
• Supporting the sales & marketing team to promote holidays effectively in HF Holidays’ brochures, website and direct mail
• Ensuring that HF Holidays’ website is always up to date and accurate, and promoting holidays to best effect
• Supporting the UK Product Manager with sales initiatives and development of new communication channels where appropriate
• Participating in Leader conferences as appropriate (Some weekend working required)
• Providing training to HF Holidays’ front-line sales team and leaders
• Visiting new and existing holidays as appropriate
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and organised
- Be hard working with attention to detail and be able to meet deadlines
- Have a flair for communicating verbally and in writing: 1) your passion for these holidays 2) your intentions for how front-line staff should deliver them
- Have a keen interest in walking and outdoor activities (You should be able to read an OS map to at least a basic level)
- Possess good knowledge of UK geography
- Have previous experience of working with detailed logistics (Ideally in a customer facing environment)
- Have a good working knowledge of Office software (Other packages such as consumer mapping software advantageous)
For a full job description and list of benefits click here.
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with quoting reference: HF/UKIN
About the company:
HF Holidays have over 100 years experience in award winning guided walking and hiking tours, sightseeing and special interest holidays. Stay in one of our 18 UK 3-4 star Country House accommodations and explore the beauty of the surrounding coastline, meadows, mountains and moorland. Tailor made options available for groups include afternoon teas, meeting room hire and private transfers to help you build the perfect holiday itinerary.
Find out more at: www.hfholidays.co.uk