UKinbound have been invited to join the first UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Tourism Forum alongside key industry bodies including Airlines UK, ETOA, VisitBritain and VisitScotland.
Co-chaired by DCMS, the newly formed Tourism Forum aims to provide a cross-organisation mechanism for key representatives of the tourism industry to engage with UKVI on a regular basis. The Forum’s objectives include:
- Fostering excellent working partnerships and ongoing dialogue between UKVI and key tourism sector organisations regarding operational visa issues
- Seeking to identify joint initiatives for communicating the existing visa offer or new initiatives
- Listening to feedback and insight on the experiences of customers in dealing with UKVI. This information will be fed into UKVI’s Customer Experience Hub to influence and drive changes and innovation in the services and products on offer
- Promoting tourism sector awareness of UKVI systems, services and forthcoming improvements
- Enabling consultation on operational/delivery challenges through providing a tourism sector perspective early in the development process
- Improving mutual understanding of the challenges presented and enable consultation on potential mitigations
- Identifying future operational or external developments that may have an impact on the tourism sector and develop mitigations
The first meeting will take place on 14 December, and we welcome any input from members who wish to have their comments or concerns represented at the Forum.