We are pleased to invite tour operator members to Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire on a overnight fam trip to sample the new US Connections itineraries.
New touring and modular itineraries have been developed for the US market, focusing on tested themes – connecting 13 destinations across England. Themes of ‘United Allies’ WW2, US military and the ‘Special Relationship’; Ancestral Tours of England; Old Stories of the New World and The Origins of Faith; highlight the cultural and historical links that underpin the Special Relationship between the US and England.
The project invites you to visit Lincolnshire, its nickname, Bomber County, does more than hint at Lincolnshire’s rich aviation heritage. Today, many important heritage sites pay tribute to the thousands of USAAF and RAF crews who lived here during World War II and the International Bomber Command Centre is the world’s most complete resource on the role of Bomber Command in World War II has interactive displays and first-hand accounts, a library, temporary exhibitions and the UK’s tallest war memorial.
Nottinghamshire known for its legendary outlaw Robin Hood, its legacy rings with rebels, heroes and leaders have many strong links to the US. Gaze into the canopy of Sherwood Forest and explore the historic caves beneath the dynamic city of Nottingham as the stories of Mayflower pilgrims, religious pioneers and World War II pilots reveal themselves in this green East Midlands county
Date: Thursday 26 – Friday 27 September
Thursday 26 September
11:56 Arrive at Lincoln Central Railway Station
12:30 Hosted Lunch at The Lincoln Hotel followed by fam trip content – to include:
- Guided tour of Lincoln Cathedral with an overview of Cathedral Connected project and the historic Cathedral Quarter
- Visit to the International Bomber Command Centre, a stunning new memorial site and visit centre, plus learn about Lincolnshire’s other aviation and United Allies assets.
- Explore Lincoln Castle including the vault displaying 1215 Magna Carta and 1217 Charter of the Forest.
19:00 Hosted Dinner
Friday 27 September
09:00 Group to depart Lincoln for Nottinghamshire
10:00 Fam trips – to include:
- Guided tour of Sherwood Forest & Visitor Centre to learn about the history of this enchanted land. Meet Robin Hood and even try your hand at a spot of Archery.
- An overview of the history at Southwell Minster; hear about the incredible architecture, stone carvings (widely regarded as some of the very finest in all of Europe), wood carvings and stained glass windows.
- Visit the National Civil War Centre and listen to the stories of the English Civil War and the Wars of the Three Kingdom that played a huge part in the creation of an American ideology.
15:00 Group to arrive at Newark Northgate Railway Station to depart for London
*This trip is for TOUR OPERATOR members only. Please note that content, timings and format may be subject to change.
THIS TRIP IS NOW FULLY BOOKED!!
To secure your place**, please follow the link below to register your details for the event!
**TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Tour operator delegates will be provided with one night’s accommodation in Lincoln free of charge.There are a very limited number of places for this event, and therefore will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, bookings for this event will remain open until 17:00 on Wednesday 21 August 2019 or once all places have been filled.
Places are restricted to ONE representative per member company. If more than one person registers from the same company, the additional booking will be added to a waiting list. If this is the case with your booking, we will let you know that you have been added to the waiting list and that we cannot confirm your place unless we receive some cancellations prior to the event.
Any cancellations must be received in writing on or before Wednesday 21 August. In the case of non-attendance on the day or cancellation after the above date, a £50+VAT charge will be applied. No refunds are available after the above date but a substitution attendee from your organisation would be accepted.
WITH THANKS TO: