Excursions™, from Tourism South East, brings together GTOs and group-friendly destinations, attractions and accommodation providers from across the UK and overseas, all on one day, under one roof. This event meets the evolving needs of the group travel market and is aimed at tour operators, group travel organisers and itinerary planners.
Visitors to Excursions™ 2019 will be able to find out about all the special events, activities and launches that will be taking place next year to celebrate the anniversaries and milestones of 2019 e.g. the 900th anniversary of Leeds Castle in Kent, the 60th Birthday of Mini – the iconic British car at The British Motor Museum, the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death (exhibitions will take place at The Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace and The Queen’s Gallery in Edinburgh) and the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria at Kensington Palace, where she also spent her childhood.
Visitors to Excursions™ 2019 can also discover special group benefits at the newly re-opened D-Day museum in Portsmouth following its £5 Million revamp.
Other exhibitors include:
- The Ambassador Theatre Group who will find and book an entertaining show for your group.
- Shakespeare’s Globe who welcome thousands of groups every year to the faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse designed in 1599.
- The Royal Albert Hall – groups of 10 people or more are offered preferential rates on select events and special discounted rates on tour tickets.
- The Mill at Sonning – groups receive a warm welcome and are treated to a pre-show dinner in the restaurant overlooking the River Thames before enjoying a show in the intimate theatre, seating 215 guests in the semi-round auditorium.
- HQ Theatres & Hospitality who operate some of the nation’s finest regional theatres as well as restaurants, rooms and other cultural venues with high-quality programmes.
- City Cruises, London’s number one Sightseeing cruise and other UK based cruising companies that include Salters Steamers, French Brothers, Thames River Cruises, Blue Funnel Cruises and Gosport Cruises.
- Winchester, Canterbury and Ely Cathedrals
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard – take advantage of a flexible Full Navy Ticket for groups (new for 2019).
- Bletchley Park, the home of British codebreaking and a birthplace of modern information technology.
- Oxford’s libraries – among the most celebrated in the world, not only for their incomparable collections of books and manuscripts, but also for their buildings, some of which have remained in continuous use since the Middle Ages.
There will also be a new food and drink themed area with a street market vibe. At the heart of the street market will be the custom designed Hambledon Vineyard Wine Bus from the award-winning Hampshire vineyard.
Excursions™ is also now taking bookings for their new and exciting “Natural Wonders of the World” familiarisation trip on the 25 to 26 January 2019. Guests will delve into the deep with a behind the scenes tour at Sea Life, London including privileged access to working areas usually closed to the public. Lunch will be served on board a luxury vessel as you cruise down the river with MBNA Thames Clippers. The afternoon’s exploration takes guests on a journey through space and time with an informative tour of the Royal Museums Greenwich, Royal Observatory & Planetarium. On Saturday morning guests will be taken to Alexandra Palace for Excursions™ 2019, a must-attend show in the travel trade calendar. The familiarisation trip concludes on Saturday afternoon with a private tour of the World’s Greatest Glasshouse at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. To book a place, please contact the Excursions team on 02380 625516.