Merlin Entertainments has announced that paper vouchers will no longer be accepted at any of their UK attractions. Originally intended to come into effect by the end of 2020, the move has now been implemented with immediate effect as part of its raft of safety measures introduced to ensure the safety of Merlin’s guests and staff following COVID-19.
Travel trade partners will need to book tickets in advance using Merlin’s digital solutions and ensure that all tickets include a valid Merlin barcode.
Other safety measures implemented across it’s UK attractions include:
- Reducing daily ticketed capacity and clear markers and signage to allow for social distancing in queues, dining areas, in live shows, and on rides.
- New signage to inform guests of key safety messages and instructions.
- Temperature checks as a condition of entry.
- Requiring guests to wear suitable face coverings, with masks available for those without.
- Installing new hygiene screens at service counters and food stalls and sanitisation stations for guests.
- New menu offerings that place greater emphasis on takeaway options and reduce the number of high-frequency touch points.
- Enhanced cleaning measures and staff training.