Summary report from VisitBritain on on International Passenger Survey data, covering Q3 2023.
Key highlights include:
- Recovery of visits plateaued and remained below pre-pandemic levels in Q3 2023.
- Spend was up in nominal terms but tracked down in real terms vs Q3 2019. Real term spend was approximately tracking visits.
- Nights spent in the UK were just behind pre-pandemic levels whilst length of stay remained elevated post-pandemic.
- Visits to friends and relatives remained above 2019 whilst holiday visits were just behind and business visits were lagging further behind.
- North American visits continued to surpass 2019 visits whilst Europe was just below 2019 and Rest of World tracked further behind. There is lots of variation for the RoW so see the market level data in the report.