Summary report from VisitBritain on International Passenger Survey data, covering Q4 2022 and full year 2022.
Key highlights include:
- In 2022, the UK welcomed 31.2m visits
- Visits in each quarter of 2022 increasingly neared pre-pandemic levels, and overall visits were 24% below 2019 levels
- Visitors spent £26.5bn during the 12 months of 2022, down 7% on 2019 (in nominal terms) and 17% in real terms taking inflation into account, with Q4 2022 reaching a record of £7.7bn
- The average spend per visit was £848 in 2022 vs £696 in 2019
- In total, 262.9m nights were spent in the UK by inbound visitors, down 9% on 2019