- Location: Edinburgh (hybrid) or London (remote)
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Contract: Full time, permanent
Abbey Ireland & UK are seeking an experienced Accommodation Executive with knowledge of the UK hotel market.
The company offers a competitive salary along with a company bonus scheme and benefits package. This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking to develop their career in a fast growing travel company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in placement of all group accommodation requirements according to buy rates or cheaper
- Processing of cancellations / amendments / overbookings / waitlists and all other administrative tasks
- Develop clear lines of communication with the Business Development teams across the company on accommodation requirements, discussing any issues and fostering a strong collaborative approach
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager
- Assisting the Abbey Group in its environmental and responsible tourism initiatives
The successful candidate will:
- Be confident in negotiating with external suppliers
- Have extensive knowledge of the UK hotel market (preferred)
- Have working knowledge of the geography of the rest of the UK
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have excellent negotiating and communication skills
- Have excellence organisational / administrative skills with strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to be methodical / orderly and accurate. Must be able to cope with strict work deadlines and able to respond effectively to any new tasks
- Be flexible and adaptable in approach
- Be a team player able to work in a busy environment
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
About Abbey Ireland & UK: The Abbey Group is an established and fat growing DMC with offices in Dublin and Edinburgh, and a runover of £95m in 2019 specialising in B2B sales to the international travel trade in both groups and FIT. The UK operation is headquartered in Edinburgh with a remote team presence in London. today the group consists of Abbey Ireland & UK, Abbey Conference & Events, and Moloney & Kelly Ireland & UK.