The Steam Dreams Rail Company is seeking a Booking Agent to join their small and friendly reservations team selling tickets for steam train days out, holidays by steam, day trips to Windsor and Santa specials.
Based in Albury, near Guildford, the team are looking for flexible, energetic and diligent people with some knowledge of the travel and tourism industry. In addition to core hours of 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday, there may be extra hours involved during the busy summer and Christmas seasons. There is also the opportunity to do some work from home as a remote phone system is in place.
The role involves taking and making calls to upsell, charm and inform prospective passengers so a good telephone manner, the ability to sell (gently), the ability to handle tricky situations and knowledge of reservations or booking systems would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking bookings, upselling and dealing with telephone enquiries
- Using a bespoke booking system to make reservations and take payments
- Day-to-day administration, seating allocation, ticketing and preparing documentation
- Updating the mailing list/database and sending brochures out to interested parties
Skills and knowledge:
- Good sales and administrative skills – competent user of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organise own workload
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Team player with a sense of humour
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment, preferably in the travel and tourism sector
The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to be indicative but not exhaustive. There will be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and the requirements of the job may develop and change.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering email to [email protected].
About The Steam Dreams Rail Co.: We offer nostalgic days out and holidays by steam, mainly from London across the UK. We run scheduled trains on the mainline and can also provide charters from any UK station, including Southampton Docks to central London. During the Summer we provide a shuttle service by steam train from London to Windsor, running on a weekly basis and specifically aimed at the oversees inbound market.