Due to the ongoing expansion of our business, Abbey Group are seeking an experienced, commercial Business Development executive with a proven track record in converting business from the German speaking markets inbound to the UK. The individual will be a commercially driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, has a strong sales flair and is looking to develop their career in a fast growing travel company and can articulate with total fluency in written and spoken English and German.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential new clients in the North Europe Groups Market.
- This includes German speaking markets, Scandinavia, Benelux and other East Europe countries.
- Active hands on role in the Business Development function for Abbey Ireland & UK for the North Europe Groups Department.
- This will involve the preparation and costing of proposed client group and series programs and dealing with the client to ensure their subsequent conversion to confirmed business.
- Following up with the client in a timely way to convert offers and quotes into profitable sales.
- Full utilization of the Tourplan system to generate all quotations and subsequent follow up, also ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan.
- Full utilization of our CRM system.
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities, either in Ireland/UK or in the overseas market place. This could take the form of either desk based activities or direct agent/client interaction.
- The position may also extend to cover support in any of the other company departments as the need arises.
- Assistance with the supervision of any trainees assigned to the area.
- Assisting the Abbey Group with its environmental and responsible tourism initiatives.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director (and this could be in another department within Abbey Ireland & UK).
- Relevant degree qualification in Languages, Business or Tourism – desirable but not essential.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German required (oral & written).
- Tour plan NX knowledge a distinct advantage.
- Working experience with groups or at DMC distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge of the UK-wide tourism industry products essential.
- Good organisational skills essential with good attention to detail.
- Team player that is able to work in a busy environment is essential.
- Being achievement focused and sales driven.
- Strong communication skills.
- Being client focused, friendly and diplomatic.
- A desire to be the best for yourself and your clients.
How to apply: please click here to apply by 30 June.
About Abbey Group: Abbey Ireland & UK is owned and managed by a team of experienced travel professionals and its core business is selling the destinations of Ireland and the UK to the worldwide travel trade on a B2B basis. With over 44 years of experience, Abbey Ireland & UK specialises in leisure tourism and offers the full range of services for Group and Individual Travel.