- Location: Edinburgh (hybrid) or London (remote)
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Contract: Full time, permanent
Abbey Ireland & UK are seeking an experienced Business Development Executive with a proven track record of accomplishment in quoting leisure groups from their North America and Long Haul markets.
The company offers a competitive salary along with a company bonus scheme and benefits package. This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has strong organisational skills, capable of handling and operating a large volume of groups with excellence customer care focus who is looking to develop their career in a fast growing travel company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Time responses to client requests for group quotations
- Working to department and individual KPIs to ensure all quotations meeting company standards and conversion levels are reached
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan system to generate client and supplier communications, ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan
- Development of relationships with overseas clients
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities, either in the UK or Ireland or in the overseas market place. This could take the form of desk based activities or direct agent/client interaction
- Attending trade shows and familiarisation trips as appropriate and if required
- Quoting of ad hog group and series business as required
- Responsibility for operating the department’s 24-hour emergency phone numbers on a rotational basis, shared with other members within the department
- Covering support in any of the company’s groups and operations department as the need arises
- Supervision of any staff / trainees assigned to the area
- Assisting the Abbey Group with its environmental and responsible tourism initiatives
- Any other duties including, but not limited to, contracting, accommodation services and processing of bookings, as assigned from time to time by your manager or director.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in languages, business or tourism or relevant experience – desirable but not essential
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of UK tourism industry products a distinct advantage
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team in a busy environment
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 14 October 2022.
About Abbey Ireland & UK: The Abbey Group is an established and fat growing DMC with offices in Dublin and Edinburgh, and a runover of £95m in 2019 specialising in B2B sales to the international travel trade in both groups and FIT. The UK operation is headquartered in Edinburgh with a remote team presence in London. today the group consists of Abbey Ireland & UK, Abbey Conference & Events, and Moloney & Kelly Ireland & UK.