- Location: London (virtual office) or Edinburgh (office based)
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Contract: Full time, permanent
Abbey Ireland & UK are seeking an experienced, commercial Business Development Executive with a proven track record in converting business from the German speaking inbound markets to the UK. The successful candidate will be a commercially driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, articulate with total fluency in written and spoken English and German.
The company offers a competitive salary along with company bonus scheme and benefits package. This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has a strong sales flair and is looking to develop their career in a fast growing travel company. The role is a management position and will report to the Customer Care & Operations Director and UK Managing Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients in the Northern Europe Groups Market. This includes German speaking markets, Scandinavia, Benelux and other East Europe countries
- Active hands-on role in the business development function for the North Europe Groups Department. This will involve the preparation and costing of proposed client group and series programs and dealing with the client to ensure their subsequent conversion to confirmed business
- Following up with the client in a timely manner to convert offers and quotes into profitable sales
- Full utilisation of Tourplan NX to generate all quotes and follow up, ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan
- Full utilisation of the CRM
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities either in Ireland/UK or in the overseas market. This could take the form of desk-based activities or direct agent/client interaction
- The position may also extend to cover support in any of the other company departments as the need arises
- Assistance with the supervision of trainees assigned to the area
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluency in English and German required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of the UK-wide tourism industry product
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Achievement focused and sales driven
- Strong positive communication skills
- Client-focused, friendly and diplomatic
- Ability to work as a team in a busy environment
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to Katrin Erdmann at [email protected] by 28 February 2022.
About Abbey Ireland & UK: The Abbey Group is an established and fast growing Destination Management company with offices in Dublin, and Edinburgh with a turnover of 95 million in 2019 specialising in B2B sales to the international travel trade in both Groups and FIT. The UK operation is head quartered in Edinburgh with a turnover of 30 million. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism: conference and events; group tours; individual and online travel; incentive and luxury leisure travel.