Experience Oxfordshire are currently seeking a new Chair of the Board to start in spring 2023 and allow for a handover from the current Chair, Joanna Davidson CBE, who will be stepping down after six years.
They are looking for someone with knowledge of the county, its visitor attractions and an understanding of local issues coupled with an appreciation of the local economy and politics, as well as good connections with relevant Oxfordshire, regional and national networks.
Key skills & experience:
- You will have held senior leadership positions with a broad range of business and commercial experience, including developing and implementing strategy and the ability to apply this in a small/medium sized organisation.
- Experience working in both the public and private sector would be valuable alongside an understanding of the principles of running a charitable organisation and not for profit organisation.
- Practical and personal experience in effectively chairing board meetings.
- An understanding of and passion for the visitor economy would be desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking, dealing with media, internal communications and building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to listen, analyse, prioritise and inspire.
- There are quaterly Board Meetings and Finance & Resources Committee meetings.
- Time commitment is up to four days a month, which can be spread across a number of days, meetings and events.
- The role is unpaid and the appointment is for an initial three year term.
How to apply: Applications should consist of a full CV along with a covering letter of application addressing the role and person specification and your reasons for applying. All applications should be sent to [email protected].
Click here to view the Chair Recruitment Pack.