The City of London Corporation are seeking two talented individuals to help deliver ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
Working at our award-winning tourist information centre, you will have consummate language skills, able to welcome our global visitor audience and answer their questions about the City, London and our amazing visitor offer. In addition, you will inspire sales and help us to generate the revenues we need to support the service and the activities of the wider Destination Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcome visitors to the CIC/GAGS and respond to face-to-face, telephone and email/website enquiries as required
- Promote the City and its visitor attractions and facilities to the public and appropriate organisations, driving visitor spend
- Encourage and sustain the highest quality of customer service standards
- Actively promote excellent information gathering and dissemination
- Actively promote the City, London and England to visitors as appropriate
- Assist in managing leaflet stocks and display, to an agreed strategy
- Assist in updating display materials
- Maintain the CIC/GAGS welcome desks at all times
- Assist in providing and managing periodic and accurate statistical information
- Assist in creating and managing an information database
- Assist in providing content for City of London marketing materials
- Proactively upsell retail items and tickets to visitors
- Support commercial takeovers
- Provide in-house training for casual staff and volunteers
Key skills & experience:
- Experience in working in a customer-facing environment, ideally tourism related
- Confident in working in a pressurised environment and able to deal with difficult customers and situations
- Experienced in retail and/or ticket sales
- Friendly and be able to deal with a wide range of people including different nationalities
- Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in at least one other language
- The ability to prioritise work calmly and productively
- Ability to demonstrate an energetic and positive approach
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of London’s tourism, transport and cultural offer
How to apply: please click here to apply online by 10 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.