Glasgow Life is responsible for the award-winning Convention Bureau for the city of Glasgow; the scale and reach of Glasgow Life’s activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s citizens and creates unforgettable experiences for visitors and delegates.
Currently recruiting for a Convention Bureau Support Manager, to join the Tourism and Conventions Team. You will provide a vital role that supports the internal team, sales activity and city support for confirmed conferences. The role involves collaborating with stakeholders, industry and conference clients to help realise the city’s ambition, deliver economic benefit and legacy, ensuring that Glasgow has a positive reputation as a successful conference city that delivers sustainable and responsible business events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Specific responsibility for planning client site visits, managing client events, trade show planning, accommodation booking.
- Building strong relationships with clients and tourism/hospitality businesses to drive legacy, impacting events and the sustainability strategy.
- Project management skills, with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines while working on a variety of projects at one time.
- The role requires attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude that is at all times customer focused.
Key skills & experience:
- Experience of working within a sales and client support environment.
- Experience in working with senior level clients, with the ability to influence at this level.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have an interest and experience in the conference, hotel and tourism industry.
- Have project management/event management experience and skills.
- Have attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to deliver to deadlines.
- Have excellent administrative and organisational skills.
Please click here to view the full job description >>
How to apply: please click here to apply by 19 June.
About Glasgow Life: Glasgow Life manages the city’s destination marketing and award-winning PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW brand as well as the delivery of Glasgow’s new Tourism and Visitor Plan; positioning the city as a vibrant, first-choice destination for leisure and business tourists. We are pleased to assist the travel trade with group itinerary suggestions, destination images copy and video. We also help to arrange familiarisation visits and connect you with tourism and hospitality businesses in the city.