The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s leading gardening charity with a vision to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place.
They are currently are looking for a collaborative, creative and commercially focused Cross Gardens Marketing Manager, who can lead a team of skilled Garden Marketing Managers. This role is fundamental in leveraging the attraction’s position as a visitor destination, ensuring creative excellence across all touchpoints, and raising its profile amongst new audiences as well as existing members, supporters and visitors.
- Develop the positioning of RHS gardens as top of mind visitor attractions (via events and always on activity), ensuring that the marketing proposition is competitive and relevant to new and existing audiences.
- Under the direction of the Head of Brand and Visitor Campaigns, develop and drive a long term marketing strategy for all RHS Gardens that amplifies engagement with the RHS brand through campaigns and on-site at gardens.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to increase engagement with new diverse audiences.
- Develop a media planning approach (with Essence and Head of Media and Insight) to deliver media exposure across key periods to achieve overall paying adult targets.
- Work in partnership with digital and Web Ed to propose improvements and enhancements to gardens related digital platforms and content that increase customer satisfaction and intent to visit.
- Build a strong relationship with RHS Studio, the internal design team, to deliver campaigns which are on time, on brand and creatively engaging.
- Manage the overarching gardens marketing budget across 5 gardens. Providing regular updates, identifying opportunities, and ensuring that budgets are managed in an efficient way.
- Work collaboratively with Heads of Gardens and Event teams to drive creative thinking and partnership opportunities for cross gardens school holiday events.
- To be a brand guardian for all RHS Garden outputs – driving creative excellence and continual improvement.
- Catering – work in conjunction with Head of Catering and GMMs – identify and maximise opportunities to communicate catering offer at Gardens with creative and communication plan.
- Work closely with Membership Marketing to maximise opportunities for joined up thinking.
- Team management – lead, coach and motivate team of five GMMs and one exec.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
Key skills & experience:
- An excellent understanding and foundation in B2C (or B2B2C) marketing and branding.
- A strong understanding of the consumer journey – the what/when/how.
- A keen interest in what makes consumer tick, what interests them and how they consume media.
- An ‘always learning’ approach – from colleagues, consumers and competitors.
- A degree or equivalent with either a formal marketing qualification or demonstrable on the job marketing training.
- Circa 10 years’ experience of working in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Experience of managing a budget and interpreting financial reports.
- Experience of paid media campaigns (media planning/buying).
- An experienced line manager and leader.
- Experience of delivering high quality, persuasive creative that embodies the brand.
- Experience of partner marketing activity (e.g. joint activity, contra-deals)
- Campaign development experience.
- Writing and editing marketing copy.
- Proof reading marketing materials
- Good planning and organising with experience of working to deadlines and targets.
- Ability to influence outcomes with internal stakeholders.
- Working with third parties e.g. creative agencies.
- Project management experience.
- Line management experience.
- Amazing interpersonal skill, with an ability to build great working relationships with people from all levels and all areas of the organisation.
- A passion for learning from those around you – everyone has an interesting story to tell.
- A passion for driving efficiencies, and knowledge sharing.
- Calm under pressure and able to set a logical path for others to follow.
- Good at seeing and bringing out the best in people.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A competent presenter.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with demonstrable time management and project management skills.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Highly organised and methodical.
- Strong team player; proactive and solution-orientated.
- Use of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint at an intermediate/advanced level.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed judgements on action required.
How to apply: please click here to apply.
About Royal Horticultural Society: With its beautiful gardens and world class flower shows and garden festivals, the Royal Horticultural Society, the UK’s leading gardening charity, offers a range of inspirational days out for garden lovers around the country. The five gardens – RHS Garden Wisley in Surrey; RHS Garden Hyde Hall in Essex; RHS Garden Harlow Carr in North Yorkshire and RHS Garden Rosemoor in Devon, and our newest RHS Garden Bridgewater in Greater Manchester all offer special group rates, as do the Flower Shows RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, and RHS Flower Show Tatton Park.