The City of London Corporation works at the heart of the world’s leading financial and business centre, an area that also celebrates an unrivalled 2,000 years of history, attracting millions of visitors each year.
They are seeking a Cultural Destination Coordinator to play a supporting role in delivering ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
The successful candidate will support the Destination Team’s senior managers, keeping abreast of the priorities and activities of the Team through the provision of a variety of tasks including diarising (invites/agendas), minute-taking, database maintenance, the drafting of correspondence, the fielding of enquiries and the monitoring of reports, business plans, actions and targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the diaries of Business Manager (Culture), Programme Curator and Destination Director.
- Provide all administrative requirements for meetings of the Envoy Group.
- Field enquiries on behalf of senior management within the Destination Team.
- Support data collection across all aspects of the Business Manager (Culture)’s role as directed, collating and retaining up-to-date snapshots of progress against targets.
- Monitor targets within the Destination Business Plan, ensuring these are on track, mitigating obstacles and reporting progress on a regular basis to the Business Manager (Culture).
- Collate relevant audience research undertaken by the wider team and deliver an up-to-date repository for information that may be called upon as required.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the post.
Key skills & experience:
- NVQ Level 3 in Administration or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience in an administrative role at this level.
- Experience in a similar role in the cultural or public sector.
- Experience of PA support, business planning processes, monitoring and evaluation, compliance with corporate requirements, database management and administrative and logical support for networks.
- Effective communicator with a track record of forming successful, effective and efficient working relationships with people at all levels.
- High level of administrative, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to compose a wide range of documents and correspondence.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects or initiatives and plan meetings and events with large numbers of delegates.
How to apply: please click here to apply by 8 July.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.