Abbey Ireland & UK are seeking an experienced Customer Care Executive with a proven record in successfully handling leisure groups from European or North American and long haul markets. The company offers a competitive salary along with a company bonus scheme and benefits package. This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong organisational skills, capable of handling and operating a large volume of groups with excellent customer care focus who is looking to develop their career in a fast growing travel company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing the full Account Handling/Customer Services function for leisure groups – including ensuring group are operated to the highest customer care standard, timely and professional communication with clients, meeting deadlines, optimising margins and operating a large volume of groups in multiple markets
- Margin optimisation through upselling
- Full utilisation of Tourplan NX to generate all client and supplier communication, ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan and facilitating a smooth and accurate accounting process
- Developing and maintaining sustainable relationships with clients and suppliers
- Developing relationships with guides and securing guides for each leisure group
- Quoting for ad hoc groups and series business as and when required
- Meeting / visiting clients as appropriate and if required
- Attending trade shows as appropriate and if required
- Participation in the 24-hour on-call rota for UK leisure groups
- Assisting the Abbey Group with its environmental and responsible tourism initiatives
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant degree qualification in languages, business or tourism (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Tourplan NX knowledge
- Working experience with groups or DMCs
- Good knowledge of the UK-wide tourism industry product
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work as a team in a busy environment
- Fluency in English (oral & written), plus two other European languages such as French, German, Italian, Spanish would be an advantage
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to Maria Hasselgren Horribine at [email protected] by 28 February 2022.
About Abbey Ireland & UK: The Abbey Group is an established and fast growing Destination Management company with offices in Dublin, and Edinburgh with a turnover of 95 million in 2019 specialising in B2B sales to the international travel trade in both Groups and FIT. The UK operation is head quartered in Edinburgh with a turnover of 30 million.