Due to the ongoing expansion of the business, Abbey Group are seeking an experienced, commercial Business Development Executive with a proven track record in converting business from the French speaking markets inbound to the UK. The individual will be a commercially driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, has a strong sales flair and is looking to develop their career in a fast growing travel company and can articulate with total fluency in written and spoken English and French.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential new clients in the French speaking Groups Market.
- Active hands on role in the Business Development function for Abbey Ireland & UK for the French speaking Groups Department. This will involve the preparation and costing of proposed client group and series programs and dealing with the client to ensure their subsequent conversion to confirmed business.
- Following up with the client in a timely way to convert offers and quotes into profitable sales.
- Full utilization of the Tourplan system to generate all quotations and subsequent follow up, also ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan.
- Full utilization of our CRM system.
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities, either in Ireland/UK or in the overseas market place. This could take the form of either desk based activities or direct agent/client interaction.
- The position may also extend to cover support in any of the other company departments as the need arises.
- Assistance with the supervision of any trainees assigned to the area.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director (and this could be in another department within Abbey Ireland & UK).
- Relevant degree qualification in Languages, Business or Tourism – desirable but not essential.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required (oral & written).
- Tour plan NX knowledge a distinct advantage.
- Working experience with groups or at DMC distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge of the UK-wide tourism industry products essential.
- Good organisational skills essential with good attention to detail.
- Team player that is able to work in a busy environment is essential.
- Being achievement focused and sales driven.
- Strong communication skills.
- Being client focused, friendly and diplomatic.
- A desire to be the best for yourself and your clients.
How to apply: please click here to apply by 30 June.
About Abbey Group: Abbey Ireland & UK is owned and managed by a team of experienced travel professionals and its core business is selling the destinations of Ireland and the UK to the worldwide travel trade on a B2B basis. With over 44 years of experience, Abbey Ireland & UK specialises in leisure tourism and offers the full range of services for Group and Individual Travel.