Visit Moray Speyside is seeking a new Destination Development Manager to join the team to drive the implementation of a region-tourism destination tourism recovery plan which will provide a route map and framework for tourism businesses and local communities to rebuild and restore the confidence and resilience in tourism that saw Moray Speyside’s tourism industry grow to record levels pre-COVID.
Key activities include:
- Leading development, implementation, delivering and monitoring of region-wide tourism recovery plan
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with partners, including businesses, public, private, community and third sector
- Identifying and maximising opportunities to collaborate with neighbouring regions/DMO partners to improve visitor experience
- Identifying sources of funding from relevant organisation, trusts, legacies, foundations to leverage plan delivery and sector aspirations
- Monitoring expenditure and provide the Chief Executive with regular spend updates as requested
- Managing all elements of project funding, including preparation of funding applications, making claims and maintaining records
- Keeping the CEO and Directors informed of industry recovery activities and project progress through regular updates
- Undertaking other operational tasks as requested by the Chief Executive
- Managing the Tourism Recovery budget in line with good financial practice to ensure that all activity is delivered within the agreed budget
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience and understanding of tourism and/or community development
- Possess a degree or equivalent experience in a field relevant to this role
- Have a proven track record of success in fundraising/ or commercial development
- Have an understanding of the dynamics of the Business Improvement District sector
- Proven knowledge and experience working with both public and private sector
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally to a wide range of bodies, agencies, sectors, and the other local community (including the ability to write clear and concise reports and presentations)
- Know how to use digital and social platforms (i.e. Mailchimp, CRM systems, Website CMS)
- Have experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc
- Demonstrate proven ability to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- Be proactive in taking new responsibilities and seeks out opportunities to learn new skills
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION.
*This post is secured by funding from Highlands and Islands Enterprise and is offered on a fixed-term basis until 31st March 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the role, please send an up-to-date CV and attach a covering email/letter of no more than 2 pages, clearly outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 26 March 2021.
Please note that Visit Moray Speyside reserves the right to close applications prior to 26th March should a suitable candidate be found.
Visit Moray Speyside: Visit Moray Speyside are the Destination Marketing Organisation for Scotland’s Whisky Country. Moray Speyside is located between Inverness to the west, Aberdeen to the east and the Cairngorms National Park to the south. he region is served by two international airports and the east coast main line railway. The region offers visitors a wide range of accommodation options, from boutique luxury hotels to quaint, off-grid self-catering properties.