The City of London Corporation works at the heart of the world’s leading financial and business centre, an area that also celebrates an unrivalled 2,000 years of history, attracting millions of visitors each year.
They are seeking an Events Assistant to play a vital supporting role in delivering ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
The successful candidate will support the Events Team in the administrative processes required to deliver a series of bold and exciting events and creative experiences, set to transform the City’s attractiveness and build on its reputation as a fun, inclusive, sustainable, and welcoming place to be.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the events programme administratively.
- Maintain the events programme calendar, ensuring no clashes with wider City events occur.
- Coordinate Guildhall Yard activity with the Remembrancer’s department, ensuring event applications are submitted and approved.
- Work closely with internal Guildhall Security, Facilities and Cleaning teams to ensure event requirements are booked.
- Support the Events Team to produce production schedules for events.
- Be the main contact for artist liaison during event and project delivery.
- Undertake sustainability impact reporting for events and projects.
- Coordinate, attend and minute internal and external production and programming meetings.
- Attend all events designated to the role and assume event/stage manager function as appropriate.
- Support the Events Manager to implement effective monitoring and evaluation of all creative output.
- Assist the Events Manager with programme research and by creative contributions that help shape projects and events.
- At all times to carry out the responsibilities of the post with due regard to the City of London’s policies including Equality Opportunities, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade.
Key skills & experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant cultural/events-related subject, or equivalent skills, knowledge and experienced in an events coordination role.
- Good experience gained in a cultural or events role, planning and coordinating events and providing administrative and logistical support in compliance with organisational and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of providing administrative and logistical support to cultural events and projects that have met with the diverse needs of multiple partners.
- Experience of co-ordinating the input of partners and suppliers, such as artists, technicians and producers in the lead-up to and at events.
- Experience of attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Experience of all main Microsoft Office packages.
How to apply: please click here to apply by 30 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.