The City of London Corporation are seeking an Events Manager to play a pivotal role in delivering ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
You will be an exceptional individual able to produce a series of complex outdoor events, including major events of scale and a regular annual programme of smaller events, installations and experiences. In addition, you will deliver a compelling learning and engagement programme to complement this, as well as exhibitions at the Guildhall Art Gallery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Have oversight of event planning, production, scheduling, delivery and logistics delivered by the Destination Team.
- Ensure all permissions, compliance and legal requirements are secured and fulfilled, and that events are delivered on time, to budget and to specification.
- Be the main point of liaison for internal stakeholders, to ensure events are coordinated across City departments and within the wider City’s events calendar.
- Consult with relevant agencies and engage with, and manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- Undertake feasibility studies for events including public impact surveys and safety audits.
- Prepare and manage event budgets, undertaking relevant procurement procedures.
- Manage the contracts and partnership agreements with sponsors to ensure all requirements are met and oversee the event team to deliver requirements including hospitality and branding.
- Support the Head of Offer with scheduling across the events programme.
- Ensure sustainability, diversity and accessibility is embedded in the delivery of the programme, fostering the commitment of the Destination Events Team to equality and inclusion principles.
Key skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level (or with equivalent experience) in an appropriate field relating to events management, culture or a related discipline.
- Project management or creative producing qualification or extensive experience of managing complex event-based programmes, ideally (but not essential) within a cultural or tourism context.
- Extensive experience playing a leading role in producing complex cultural outdoor public events programmes, with significant event planning and logistics expertise.
- Demonstrable track record of procurement and contract management for artists, event companies and suppliers.
- Budget and staff management experience.
- Demonstrable experience in sustainable event planning and developing bespoke inclusive and accessible practice for outdoor arts events.
- Knowledge of the sector and evidence of excellence as a producer/project manager with delivery experience.
Please click here to view the full job description >>
How to apply: please click here to apply by 30 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.